Sunday, May 08, 2011

My Atlas Goldline

Have had my eye on an Atlas bicycle for years. 280aed from Satwa on Saturday night. Was tempted to keep the wrapping on it - a popular look with gardeners in Jumeriah. I will modify it, like those I've seen in Sri Lanka. Watch for updates.

Made in India (for export). Great painted headtube badge. Atlas was the primordial Titan who supported the heavens, but check out his little shoes.

The braking system is solid. Steel rods, no cables. Stainless steel hood detail on the fork. Functional?

Reflector. Digging the curves.

Frame number on the seat-tube matches the inspection chit. Even the printing is beautiful - block colours and gold ink. Atlas = superior quality, advanced technology. (1951 speak I believe)


Chain guard. The gold lines are actually hand painted. Atlas Goldline. Dubai. 

No comments: